St. Joe Festival underway in Shelbyville
The carnival rides, games and food booths are back for another year at the St. Joseph Parish Spring Festival on the corner of Broadway and Noble Streets in Shelbyville. The festival kicked off Thursday and runs through Saturday night. The annual fried chicken dinner will continue Sunday following the festival at the Knights of Columbus.
- Laugh, and the world laughs with you
- Maring Bowlin Concert May 30 reservations available
- The Easthills release debut album
- St. Joe Festival underway in Shelbyville
USDA announces farm payments scheduled to resume
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency (FSA) Administrator Juan M. Garcia announced recently that farm payments, which had been temporarily suspended due to sequestration, are scheduled to resume, May 8. This includes payments for the 2011 Supplemental Revenue Assistance Payments Program (SURE), the Noninsured Crop Assistance Program (NAP) and the Milk Income Loss Contract Program (MILC).
- Wet winter, spring make nitrogen carryover unlikely
- Farming in the Classroom
- Drought behind them, farmers now deal with too much water
- USDA announces farm payments scheduled to resume
Dream Home contest winner
Pictured (left to right) are Michael Davis, BMO Harris Bank, winner Scott Adkins, Katie Adkins, their children, Debbie O’Neal-Leisure branch manager BMO Harris, Hubert the BMO Harris mascot, Laura Simmonds, Christine Lykins and Steve Eichler of BMO Harris.
- Wells Fargo makes lead gift to RMH Pediatrics
- Local American Family Insurance agent Kevin L. Snyder recognized
- Should you take a pension buyout?
- Dream Home contest winner
Flatrock celebrating Nursing Home Week
In observance of Nursing Home Week, May 12 to 18, Flatrock River Lodge will host several events, meant to encourage residents, families and other close relatives to “Get personal” with their caregivers. Sharing personal details allows the facility care team to offer a personalized environment, or person-centered care, that is targeted to an individual’s preferences and needs. Thus, this year’s theme is “Team Care: Everyone Pitches In!”
- Senior Screening Wednesday
- Full Service Day at Admiral
- Mental Health America in Rush County
- Flatrock celebrating Nursing Home Week
Fourth graders visit Indiana Statehouse
Knightstown 4th Graders Visit Statehouse — Fourth-grade students from Charles A. Beard School Corporation meet with State Sen. Jean Leising (R-Oldenburg) and State Rep. Tom Saunders (R-Lewisville) after touring the Indiana Statehouse on Monday, May 13.
- RCHS Class of 1983 seeking classmates
- Kindergarten class hears guest book reader
- Local students named to University of Evansville Dean’s List
- Fourth graders visit Indiana Statehouse
church briefs 051713
Faith Baptist Church - Morristown
Sunday, May 19 Dr. Wayne Scott will be teaching Sunday school at 9:30 a.m. with a worship service at 10:30 a.m. The pitch-in lunch will be at noon followed by the afternoon service at Morristown Manor Nursing Home at 1 p.m.
- Angel The Church Mouse: Mother's Day
- church briefs 051013
- church briefs 050313
- church briefs 051713