The new year got off to a blazing start for a Milroy family when a fire broke out in their Gano Street residence Wednesday morning. No one was injured and the occupants escaped the home. The fire was reported shortly after 10 a.m. Wednesday and resulted in a call for mutual aid. Rushville Township responded with manpower and tanker trucks. The fire was contained to the south side of the residence. No immediate cause for the fire was made available and firefighters from Anderson Township and RTVFD remained on the scene for nearly 90 minutes.