Handbag auction raises thousands
The Rush Memorial Hospital Foundation recently had their annual handbag auction. This overwhelmingly successful event raised several thousands of dollars for the new pediatric building. Pictured in the center is auctioneer Rusty Harmeyer and guests.
- Safety blitz begins today
- Statue returns to Moscow Cemetery
- Free Summer Lunch Program coming soon
- Wells Fargo makes lead gift to RMH Pediatrics
- Handbag auction raises thousands
USDA announces farm payments scheduled to resume
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency (FSA) Administrator Juan M. Garcia announced recently that farm payments, which had been temporarily suspended due to sequestration, are scheduled to resume, May 8. This includes payments for the 2011 Supplemental Revenue Assistance Payments Program (SURE), the Noninsured Crop Assistance Program (NAP) and the Milk Income Loss Contract Program (MILC).
- Wet winter, spring make nitrogen carryover unlikely
- Farming in the Classroom
- Drought behind them, farmers now deal with too much water
- Alfalfa weevil starts to emerge; growers need to scout fields
- USDA announces farm payments scheduled to resume
Lions outlast Spartans 9-8
Connersville and Rushville scored a combined 17 runs through four innings. The Lions then shut down the Spartans offense the final three innings to take the 9-8 victory.
- Lion golfers fall to Trojans, Dragons
- Lady Lions third at track sectional
- Brown slams Lady Lions to win
- Tennis team fall to HHC foe Yorktown
- Lions outlast Spartans 9-8